Easter Snacks


Easter snacks can be a great way to express creativity and now with all of the fabulous ideas swirling around on pinterest I am never going to run out of creativity!  I used to be the mom that made the crazy homemade chocolate sculptures and 4 tier cakes ect.  Don’t get me wrong, I still love a great cake making session but I have come to the reality that I am a super busy working mom and shortcuts are necessary!  The first snack I am going to talk about is one that is super easy and I literally came up with it on the fly!  Hmm seems like a theme lately.  I used pre-packaged rice crispy treats, licorice, m&m’s, marshmallows and peeps. 


First you flatten and mould the rice crispy treat into a basket.  The more you mould the treat it takes on the consistency of clay.  The next step is to peel a piece of licorice off and press it into the rice crispy basket to make a handle.  Step three is to add m&m’s and marshmallows.  Finally, add the peeps and eat it! 

Our next snack was one I found on my Pinterest Spring Board from http://www.armelleblog.com/2012/04/diy-easter-carrot-snacks.html You just need cone shaped bags, green construction paper, tape and goldfish or organic bunny crackers.  Fill the bags with the crackers.  Twist and tape the top to a point.  Finally, you tape on the green stems.  Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!  


Our last snack was the bird nest treats. 

Bird's Nest Treats
12 oz. package chow mein noodles
12 oz. package butterscotch morsels

6oz. White Chocolate Morsels
robin egg whoppers

Bird peeps  

Pour the butterscotch and white Chocolate morsels in a microwave-safe bowl and place them in the microwave. Heat for 30 seconds then remove to stir. Return to the microwave and heat again for 30 seconds. Stir until melted. Add in the chow mein noodles and mix till combined. I let all of the kids have a turn stirring.  You can add a little bit of butter or peanut butter to prevent it from solidifying so quickly.  Place three egg-shaped candies in the center of each nest and the birds on top. 


Let me know if you made any of these snacks and how they turned out! 

RAchel

No comments:

Post a Comment